National Moon Day
July 20, 2017
Contemplate the moon in its various forms: waxing, waning, full, and new. Tonight’s moon will be a waning crescent. Consider things that wane: influence, affection, interest, desire. Consider things that are crescent-shaped: a scimitar, a sickle, a smile. When was the last time you felt truly happy? When was the last time you smiled so much your cheeks ached? Tonight, climb onto your roof and howl at the waning moon. Demand the moon return all that life has taken from you – every missed opportunity, every unrequited affection, every dead beloved dog. Howl until you’re hoarse. The moon will not respond. It will give you nothing. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
Still hoarse? Share this image and say it with pictures
Knowledge is something no one can take from you
- About the Moon – NASA.gov
- What Is the Moon Made Of? – Space.com
- Why do my cheeks hurt from smiling? – A question on the Explain Like I’m Five subreddit
- Crescent Roll Recipes – Pillsbury.com
- We Could Be Living On the Moon In 10 Years or Less – Popular Science
- How to Cope with Loss – Real Simple
- Giant Inflatable Moon Rolls Over People, Bikes, Cars, City – The Verge
And, objects help to fill the void
- Moon Night Light on Amazon
- Giant Inflatable Moon on eBay
- Moon starring Sam Rockwell, for rent or purchase on Amazon
- The Moon shower curtain by Heather Landis on Society6
- La Lune poster by 8RedFishCreative on etsy
O, swear not by the moon, th’ inconstant moon, That monthly changes in her circle orb, Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.* Instead, check out our book How to Celebrate National Days. It’s available now in paperback and ebook formats on Amazon.
*That’s right, we know how to google Shakespeare.
National Days Questionable Advice & Information advice bad advice diy facts funny holidays how to how to celebrate humor moon moon day National Days national moon day sad satire stupid national days the moon trivia