Belgian National Day
July 21, 2017
Celebrate the 187th anniversary of Leopold of Saxe-Cobourg’s swearing of allegiance to the new Belgian constitution, creating the independent state of Belgium. Eat a Belgian waffle topped with melted Belgian chocolate and wash it down with a fine Belgian beer. Read some Tintin. Roast up some Brussels sprouts to munch on while you marathon the films of Jean-Claude Van Damme. Look at all the gifts Belgium has given the world! No jokes. Belgium’s pretty terrific.
Do your part to spread the word about the great country that is Belgium. Share this image on your social networks.
Belgium has an astounding literacy rate – 99%! Maybe you should read more?
- 10 Reasons Why Belgium Is Not As Boring As You Think – The Telegraph
- Facts about Belgium from the CIA (yes, the CIA)
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Belgium – CheeseWeb
- Top 10 Spookiest Spots in Belgium – The Culture Trip
- Lonely Planet’s guide to Belgium
Jean-Claude Van Damme merchandise for the discerning fan
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Print by mariozucca on Etsy
- Damme I Love You greeting card by MeetMeInShermer on Etsy
- JCVD Screaming his F–king Face Off by LegendaryTigerHer on Etsy
- Jean-Claude Van Damme art print by N-Abakumov on Society6
- Bloodsport enamel pin by Mutant Pins on Etsy
- Jean-Claude Van Damme art print by ReplaceFace on Society6
National Days Questionable Advice & Information advice Belgium diy facts hot dogs how to how to celebrate how to celebrate national hot dog day JCVD jean-claude van damme memes muscles from brussels National Days stupid national days trivia