How to Celebrate National Presidential Joke Day
Look at America’s president. Look at his tweets, look at his face. Try to construct a joke, but fail – any humor you once knew now crushed beneath an overwhelming sense of anxiety and dread.
Turn away from your computer, your phone, and/or television. Look out the window. Think about a time when you were young, and summers were long and full of adventure. Remember an afternoon spent with friends – chatting, laughing, playing, conspiring – simply enjoying each other’s company.
They say that scent is closely tied to memory. Can you recall what being young in the summer smelled like? Chlorine and sun block? Asphalt and sneakers? Sweat and freshly cut grass?
Stand up, stretch, and leave the building you’re in now. Walk away. Walk until you reach a spot that feels and smells like summertime and friendship and youth. Clear your mind. Take a few deep breaths. Stare into the middle distance and remember a time when the world’s woes rolled off you like that saying about water and ducks that you can’t quite recall. (Beaks? Backs?) Just for a moment, be the duck.
Quack a little. It’ll probably help.
Links & Learning
Yeah. Presidential jokes.
- 19 Presidential Jokes for Presidential Joke Day – Mental Floss
- The Single Best Joke Told by Every President, from Obama to Washington – Washington Post
- National Presidential Joke Day 2017: 5 Facts You Need to Know – Heavy
How about ducks?
- Do Ducks Make Good Pets? – Petful
- 4 Reasons to Adopt Some Baby Ducks – Rodale’s Organic Life
- Five Things You Never Knew About Ducks – Modern Farmer
Donald and Ducks, but never Donald Duck.
- Duck diving by Leeas
- Trump Putin by All You Need Is ArtLittle Duck by Amy Hamilton
- Little Duck by Amy Hamilton
- Kabuki Trump by Atgart
- Howard Duck by Alkanara
- Cherry Blossom Baby Duck by Nick Vasquez
We wrote you a book. It won’t change the world, but here’s a link.