How to Celebrate National Banana Split Day
Visit your grocery store and procure all the essential ingredients for creating banana splits. We recommend the classic ingredients: bananas; vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream; chocolate, strawberry, and pineapple sauces; whipped cream; chopped nuts; and maraschino cherries.
Track down videos of the late-60’s Hanna-Barbera live-action classic television show, The Banana Splits Adventure Hour. Tumble down a rabbit hole of The Banana Splits fan sites, blogs, posts, and nostalgia.
Take a wrong turn and/or a risky click along the way and stumble headlong into a Furry forum. Linger a little too long and delve a little too deeply.
Close your laptop. Hide it beneath a stack of blankets. Leave the room.
Lay on the kitchen floor. Take a few deep breaths and close your eyes. Fill your mouth with whipped cream straight from the can. Plop a maraschino cherry in for good measure. Vow never to think of The Banana Splits again.
Tra la la! La la la la!
The opening and closing themes for The Banana Splits.
Links & Learning
- Who Invented the Banana Split? – American Profile
- How the Sundae Got its Name & the Origin of the Banana Split – Food52
- 4 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About the Banana Split – Annie’s Frozen Custard
*The* Banana Splits
- The Banana Splits Adventure Hour – Nostalgia Central
- 10 Tra La La True Facts About the Banana Splits – MeTV
- The Banana Splits Adventure Hour entry on the Hanna-Barbera Wiki
- More Than Just a Pretty Face: Unmasking Furry Fandom – Psychology Today
- It’s Not About Sex, It’s About Identity: Why Furries Are Unique Among Fan Cultures – The Guardian
- 11 Eye-Opening Misconceptions About the Furry Fandom – BuzzFeed
We like looking things up and telling you about them. Is that cool? Follow FMTCD and receive an email notification each time a new post goes live…