Attach a note to a common office item asking for its prompt return to you/your desk. The more items returned, the more points you earn. (Bonus points for odd and unusual items.)
- Items cannot belong to you
- Items must be found in a common office area accessible to everyone (not on a colleague’s desk)
- Items cannot be living creatures
- Items must be restored to the their rightful places/owners at the end of the challenge
- Player vs. Player sabotage is allowed. See below.
- Massive bonus points are available for particularly weird and wacky items. See below.
- Get an item returned to you – 25 pts
- Receive a message about your item (e.g.,”I think you left your leaf blower in the conference room.”) from a Non-Player Colleague (NPC) – 10 pts
- Have your note destroyed – -15 pts
- Email hey [@] followmetocertaindoom [.] com, or post and tag (#FMTCDchallenge) a pic of your labeled and/or returned item to Instagram or Twitter – 25 pts
Player Vs. Player
If you encounter another Player’s note, you have two options:
- Destroy the note – 10 pts
- Attach the note to something ludicrously unreturnable (e.g. radiator, refrigerator, palm tree) – 20 pts
- If you get an exceptionally odd or unusual item returned to you (whether by your own doing or PvP shenanigans) send us a pic and we’ll award bonus points based on the item’s absurdity. – 50-500 pts
Everyone loves spreadsheets! Here’s one that will help you calculate your score. Download the XLS below or follow these instructions to use the Google sheet.
The Work From Home Way
For WFH-ers (and anyone who’d like to take the challenge outside the office) the challenge will be just a little different and can change depending upon your living arrangements…
If you live with others
- Subtly label common (not owned by you) items around the house as belonging to you. 10 pts per item
- If a cohabitant calls you out on your inaccurate labeling – -5 pts
- Email hey [@] followmetocertaindoom [.] com, or post and (tag –#FMTCDchallenge) a pic of your labeled and/or returned item to Instagram or Twitter – 10 pts
If you live alone, or want to take this show on the road
- Attach a “return to me” note to a common household item (we recommend nothing of personal value) and leave it in a public place – 10 pts
- Actually receive the item back – 25 pts
- Receive a message regarding the item – 10 pts
- Be asked to stop leaving your random crap in public places – -5 pts
Hope you have some fun with this one. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for new challenges, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.