National Sewing Machine Day
June 13, 2017
Purchase a sewing machine and set it up in your home. Do not sew on this first night. Instead, binge-watch a selection of crime, mystery, and police procedural television shows. Craft a supervillain persona. Recruit a gang of misfits, scoundrels, and ne’er-do-wells. Give your gang a catchy but menacing name. Build a comprehensive brand identity. Create social media accounts for both the core gang brand and particularly media-friendly individual gang members, establishing clear editorial guidelines and a system of multi-channel cross promotion. Populate your social media feeds with a roughly 85:15 ratio of original to curated content, with an emphasis on videos, imagery, and text-based “hot takes” on current events. Become internet influencers. Use your sewing machine to create a wildly successful, branded line of functional yet stylish “evil-leisure” clothing and accessories. Destroy Gotham.
- A Brief History of the Sewing Machine
- Ten Random Facts about the Sewing Machine
- ShortList’s 20 Crime Dramas to Binge-Watch on Netflix
- Canva’s Introduction to Brand Building Through Social Media
- The Cartographer Who Mapped Out Gotham City – Smithsonian.com
Share National Sewing Machine Day with this spiffy image:
See more National Days.