Hello, friends! It’s been too long. We’ve missed you so much!
This spoke to us on many levels.
We did some googling. Turns out painting rocks and leaving them places is totally a thing, with many towns across the country playing along. But, we reckoned the FMTCD community could put their own unique spin on the project. So…
Write messages and/or draw pictures on rocks – or suchlike objects – and abandon them in public spaces for others to discover. See how many rocks you can plant or discover by EOC (end of challenge).
The content of your messages is entirely up to you. We have 100% confidence in your ability to deliver magic and/or terror.
- Rocks (or suchlike) must be left in common and/or public areas to maximize discoverability.
- Rocks (or suchlike) should not be hucked, chucked, or tossed at people. Set them down gently to minimize damage to the rocks.
- Non-toxic writing implements and/or paints are preferred in case someone attempts to eat your rock (discouraged). Sharpies and acrylic paints work well.
- Going forward, challenges will be biweekly – you’ll have two weeks to complete each challenge. So many rocks! Don’t eat any of them!
We want to see your rocks (or suchlike). Show us what you’ve got!
- Send us an email at HEY @ FOLLOWMETOCERTAINDOOM dot COM
- Post pics to Twitter or Instagram and call us out (@FMTCD) in the tweet/post
We collect a gallery of our players’ works for posterity and like to share the pics on our social media, as is the practice of our times.
So glad to be back and so excited to see what you do with this challenge.
A Few Relevant Links:
- The Kindness Rocks Project
- Rock hiding game going viral across Northeast Ohio – wkyc.com
Here’s Why You’re Going to See Painted Rocks Hidden Everywhere – MarthaStewart.com
- Some quotes about rocks – brainyquote.com
- True facts about cheese – International Dairy Foods Association
- Learn the basics of drawing for free – Learn-to-Draw.com
- A subreddit dedicated to spreading positivity through memes. – r/wholesomememes
- “A subreddit for you to share those miniature epiphanies you have that highlight the oddities within the familiar.” – r/showerthoughts
A List of Items that are not rocks but will work in a pinch:
- sticky notes
- sand dollars
- himalayan salt lamps
- any taxidermied animal