National Kouign Amann Day
June 20, 2017
Spend the day discovering your preferred pronunciation of the latest cool-kid pastry. Kuh-ween ah-mahn? Coo-gin a-maan? Kofi Annan? Stand in front of a mirror as you form the words. Which pronunciation makes your face look most attractive? Which syllable brings out the best in your features? Take a selfie as you say the words. Take three. Post the selfies to your prefered social media platform, making sure to include the #kouignamann hashtag, but never including a picture of a kouign amann. Irony or something. The cool kids will get it.
- Meet the Kouign Amann: The Obscure French Pastry Making it Big in America – Eater
- French Croissant Prices Set to Soar Due to Butter Shortage – The Independent
- A kouign amann recipe and our image source at ChefSteps.com
- The Three Most Common Uses of Irony – The Oatmeal
The Most Instagrammed Bakeries In S.F. – Refinery29
- Pronunciation Manual on YouTube
A handy image for sharing National Kouign Amann Day:
And if you’ve got a moment, please check out our latest challenge.