National Pina Colada Day
July 10, 2017
Become disenchanted with your current long-term relationship. While your significant other is sleeping, trawl internet dating sites for new potential partners. Respond to a profile that shares your interests – your fondness for tropical beverages, precipitation, and public indecency – and request a meeting at a local bar. When your date arrives, realize the profile belonged to your significant other. Feel confused and betrayed, but admit your own duplicity. Recognize that your relationship has been effectively dead for some time. Agree to part ways amicably. Share a couple of farewell piña coladas.
If you have half a brain…
- Full lyrics for Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes
- The Top Five Uses of “Escape (The Piña Colada Song) in Movies – TVOvermind
- A Piña Colada recipe – Liquor.com
- The Birth of the Piña Colada – History.com
- NYC Restaurant Offers ‘Largest Piña Colada Ever Made’ Free to Commuters on First Day of Summer Hell – NBC New York
- 5 Ways Your Relationship Changes After Someone Cheats – Prevention
The song in question…
A handy image to share with friends or soon-to-be ex lovers…
Our very first book, How to Celebrate National Days – July 2017 is out now in paperback and ebook formats! More quality advice just like this abounds inside the book!
Like National Days? Read more.