National Dance Day
July 29, 2017 (Last Saturday in July)
Recognize the profound philosophical treatise that is Men Without Hats’ Safety Dance, when taken in the imperative:
Dance if you want to. [Exhibit self-determined behavior.]
Leave your friends behind. Your friends don’t dance, and if they don’t dance, well, they’re no friends of mine. [Abandon those who are content with heteronomy, abhor autonomy, and are an impediment to your self-realization.]
Go where you want to. [Again, exhibit self-determination with a disregard for societal boundaries.]
A place where they’ll never find. [In particular, explore concepts “friends” (i.e., normals) would purposely ignore.]
Act like you come from out of this world. Leave the real one far behind. [Cast off entirely the trappings of so-called “reality”; it is of no use to you now.]
You can dance.
Now, that is some Allegory of the Cave shit right there.
Links & Learning
Why dancing? Like, why do we do it?
- Why Do We Like to Dance – And Move to the Beat? – Scientific American
- Why Do People Dance – The Guardian
- History of dance on Wikipedia
Wanna learn some stuff about philosophy?
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors – Coursera
- Philosophy for Beginners – Oxford University Podcasts
- The Allegory of the Cave by Plato: Summary, Analysis & Explanation – Study.com
- A diagram of Plato’s Allegory of the Cave. (source):
What about your friends? (TLC Reference!)
- Why I Secretly Hate My Friends and I Bet You Do Too – The Telegraph
- If You Don’t Like Your Friends, Get New Ones – Thought Catalog
- Why You and Your Friends Don’t Click Anymore – Real Simple
Men Without Hats’ Safety Dance
You can read if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. Because we wrote a book called How to Celebrate National Days and it’s in paperback and ebook on Amazon.
National Days Questionable Advice & Information adulthood adulting advice allegory of the cave autonomy dance dancing diy explanations facts how to how to celebrate how to celebrate national days interpretations men without hats national dance day National Days philosophy plato safety dance song lyrics song lyrics explained stupid national days trivia you can dance