International Mutt Day
July 31, 2017
Visit your local animal shelter and peruse its available dogs. Consider your living conditions and general circumstances before selecting a dog appropriate to your lifestyle. Visit with the dog. Get a feel for its personality. Go home and sleep on the decision before returning in the morning to adopt your new friend. Lavish your new pet with toys, treats, and affection. Go on adventures together – chasing squirrels, fetching balls, swimming in the ocean. Become best friends. Be happier than you’ve ever been. Cherish your time together, for it will be painfully short. No matter how long they live, it won’t be long enough. Upside: you won’t regret a moment of it.
Links & Learning
Some people think mutts are better than purebred dogs.
- The Great Debate: Are Mutts Healthier than Purebreds? – Vet Street
- 5 Reasons Mutts Are Infinitely Healthier and Better than Purebred Dogs – Bustle
- Top Ten Reasons Mutts Are Awesome – PetMD
- 20+ Crossbreed Dogs That Will Make You Fall in Love with Mutts – BoredPanda
Do dogs love us?
- Scientific Proof Your Dog Loves You with All Their Heart and Nose – BarkPost
- Brain Scans Reveal What Dogs Really Think of Us – Mic
- Do Dogs See Us as Masters or Parents – The Science Explorer
A selection of mutts from The Mutt-i-grees: