Build physical stacks of common office items (pens, paperclips, batteries, paper, etc.) and see how long they can remain standing.
We don’t want to make this too easy or too destructive. There are a few catches:
- You can only have one stack at any given time.
- Items for your stack cannot leave the room where you found them.
- You cannot build your stack on your own desk.
- Stacks must be at least three inches tall.
- Do not destroy office property. Remember The Rules.
- Build a stack – 25 pts
- Stack still standing after 24 hours – 30 pts (i.e., 30 pts each 24 hours)
- Knock down another player’s stack – 20 pts
- Have your stack knocked down by another player – -20 pts
- Sharing Is Caring Bonus: Send a picture of your stack to FMTCD – 10 pts
[email: hey [@] followmetocertaindoom [.] com and we’ll post them to the site and the FMTCD Instagram.]
- Team Player Bonus: If you see someone not minding The Catch(es). Call them out and help yourself to all their points thus far. If the player has 0 pts, give yourself 25 pts.
We’ve created a handy spreadsheet template for you to use as a scorecard. To use the template either download the XLS below or follow these instructions to use as a Google sheet.
A long post, but hopefully a fun challenge. As always, please let us know how it goes and feel free to check back here for updates. We’ll post images of stacks if we get any.
Good luck and godspeed.
BTW, if you’d like to receive an email each time a new challenge goes live, sign up for Challenge Alerts!
Workplace challenges & mischief.